How to Use Mirin in Cooking
In the last article, I explained the history of mirin in detail.
Cooking Effects of Mirin
1. Bringing out the luster and shine
2. Enhances flavor permeability
3. Removing food smell
4. Protecting against disintegration while cooking
5. Elegant and mild sweetness and flavor
Specific uses of mirin
1. Simmered dishes
2. Roasted food
3. Vinegared and dressed dishes
4. Soba tsuyu
Atsushi Onuma, “Gensen. Dashi, Chomiryo wo Kiwameru.” Bunka Shuppan Kyoku, 2001
Mizuko Yoshida, “Ryori ga Oishikunaru Recipe,” Soboku Sya, 2004
Materials received from Sumiya Bunjiro Shoten and Hakuo Shuzo.