Soy Sauce Factory Open House
Last October, American food professionals visited fermented food producers to deepen their knowledge of Japanese fermentation culture during the “Hakko Tourism in Japan” tour campaign. As part of the tour, organizers held a tasting session where guests gave candid advice from the perspective of the American market to food product manufacturers looking to enter the United States market.
We are hosting an open house at our soy sauce factory in Richmond, Virginia at 11am to 4pm on Sunday, October 23. You can purchase tickets here for general admission ($20) as well as self-guided factory tour and food safety lecture.
We promise that it is going to be fun! We are looking forward to seeing as many Hakko Hub readers as possible.
Please see the details below:
Date and Time
Sunday, October 23, 2022
11:00 am – 4:00 pm EDT
San-J International, Inc.
6200 Gorman Road
Richmond, VA 23231
About this event
$20 general admission includes:
- Fermentation exhibition – Open from 11am to 4pm. You can meet soy sauce / fermentation experts, talk about fermentation with them and further expand your circle of fermentation network!
- Factory Tour – You can enter our soy sauce factory which isn’t open to public other than this festival (you need to get a free ticket).
- Genius Bar – Open from 11am to 4pm. You can have a deep discussion with fermentation experts.
- Fermented food & drink tasting – Open from 11:30am to 4pm. You can try free samples or buy a variety of fermented foods.
- One bottle of San-J raw tamari soy sauce and one bag of Tamari soy sauce powder – both of them are not sold to public yet so you can get this only at this festival.
- DIY miso kit to make your own miso at home – You can adjust amount of each ingredient as you like before going home
Separate tickets needed to attend the following sessions:
- Self-Guided San-J Plant Tour (Free)
- Food Safety Lecture for fermented foods making ($5)
- Please see below for more details
Self-Guided San-J Plant Tour
- Two one-hour self-guided tours will be held for 11:30am-12:30pm and 2pm-3pm
- Advanced registration required (Free admission)
- Children ages 5 and under are not allowed to participate in the plant tour for safety reasons
- Participants need to sign the waiver before the tour
- No sandals, slippers and flip-flops are allowed
- No earrings allowed
- No entry allowed after drinking
Food Safety Lecture
- You can learn the basics of food safety that you should know in fermented food management
- $5 per person
- Advanced registration required