Japanese Noodle Soup
Craving comfort food? Try a warm bowl of Japanese Noodle Soup! This quick and easy vegan meal is sure to wow your family.
- 8 oz udon noodles or rice noodles plus water or separate stock for cooking
- 2 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 green onions
- 1 inch ginger root peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons red miso paste
- spinach for serving
- carrot shredded
- Prepare noodles as directed on packaging. Be sure to slightly undercook them.
- In an empty medium pot on low-medium heat, add grapeseed oil, diced green onion (just the white parts – save the green for garnish), ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, and tamari. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for a few minutes to mix the flavors.
- Scoop out some of the broth and stir the miso paste into it until dissolved. Pour the miso broth mixture into the pot and remove the pot from heat.
- Prepare serving bowls by adding to each a handful of spinach, shredded carrot, and chopped green onion. Add more chopped green onion to garnish.