Love potstickers? Try our Lamb Potstickers recipe! Combine lamb, ginger, red and green onions, tamari soy sauce, sherry, and egg in a bowl. Wet and layer two pieces of rice paper and cut it into size using a bowl. Place your lamb mixture inside, and fold it over, gathering the edges to make a seal. Pan fry until browned. (Recipe by Carol Kicinski)
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated
- ½ cup red onion finely diced (½ small onion)
- 3 green onions white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 32 small rice paper spring roll wrappers
- vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lamb, ginger, red and green onions, soy sauce, sherry, and egg. Mix well.
- Run one rice paper under cold water until the entire paper is wet. Shake off the excess water and place on a cutting board.
- Immediately wet another rice paper and place it directly on top of the first rice paper and press down to seal the two together.
- Place a small bowl (3 to 4 inches in diameter) on top of the rice papers and using a small paring knife, cut around the bowl to make the dumpling wrapper.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the lamb mixture on the dumpling wrapper and fold one side over to make a half-circle. Gather the edges together and press well to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Working in batches, arrange the dumplings in the pan close to each other but not touching and cook on one side for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 teaspoons of water over the dumplings and immediately put the lid on the pan. Let steam for 3 minutes. Do not over-cook.
- Transfer the dumplings to a serving platter. Wipe out the pan and repeat the process until all dumplings are cooked. Serve with dipping sauce.
Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and chili garlic sauce. Serve with potstickers.